The Halvorsen Air Oil Separator removes up top 99.97 % of oil droplets down to 0,2 micron, and reduces oil mist down to 1 part per million.
The patented Halvorsen Air Oil Separator is made for high speed rotating equipment such as Gas turbines, Steam turbines and Compressors.
In many high speed rotating machines there is risk of oil mist creation. This contaminated oil mist is typically ventilated to open air, causing unwanted conditions for both humans and the environment. It can also lead to reduced gas turbine efficiency and has a damaging effect on other offshore equipment. The contamination of oil in the ventilation air is normally in the range of 800 to 1200 ppm (parts per million) by weight.
Other risks from oil mist contamination:
- Compressor fouling, leading to reduced Gas Turbine efficiency.
- Increased need for Compressor Wash.
- Increased pressure drop over Primary Air Filter due to contaminated filters results in reduced Gas Turbine Efficiency.
- Risk of personnel injuries due to inhaling the oil mist.
- Risk of damaging of cable systems when exposed to aggressive oil.
The Halvorsen Air-Oil separator reduces oil content in ventilation air to less than 1 ppm by weight. It complies with all relevant codes and standards.
Benefits of the Halvorsen Air Oil Separator:
- Low pressure drop, securing no pressurization of the oil sump.
- Can be supplied with fan motor frequency converter to balance the lube oil sump pressure.
- Can be installed on existing installations.
- High reliability and availability.
- Unwanted conditions as noted are eliminated.
Our Air-Oil Separators are designed and built in full compliance with Statutory Regulations, International Codes & Standards, and in compliance with Company Technical Requisition.
- Simple installation. Preassembled on skid.
- Skid can be tailor made to suit local demands.
- No hot work needed
- The separator can be connected to existing control system
- Designed for both for Offshore - and onshore installations
The Factory Acceptance Testing of the HO Air-Oil Separator includes performance testing.
The performance testing is made by using a specially designed Test Rig, where the respective Lube Oil Sump Conditions are simulated to comply with real conditions, like:
- Oil concentration
- Sump pressure
- Mist droplet size
- Sump temperature
- Ventilation air discharge flow
Test verification is made by a 3rd. party, nominated by the client.
Used with applications:
LM1600, LM2500, LM2500+, PGT25, LM2500HSPT+, LM6000, Dresser –Rand Turbo-compressors, GE Oil & Gas Turbo-compressors
Dimension (LM2500 Separator)
1,2x1,2x1,5 meter (BxWxH)
99,97 % efficiency down to 0,3 micron, max. 1,0 ppm by weight discharge.
Reduced oil to air pollution.
Tailor made to suit the envelope given by the customer.
Statoil, ConocoPhillips, General Electric (GE). More than 100 units delivered.
The Separator can be supplied in alternative materials.
Examples are, 316L, Duplex and Super Duplex.
The Separator is designed to last for 20 years.
The Separator has a proven availability of 99,85 %.
The down time is represented by replacement of filters every 8000 hour.
Find other Water Treatment and Process solutions on the NEW Halvorsen TEC website: http://www.halvorsentec.no
For more information, contact:
Product Line Manager
+47 915 79 869