Can handle BOP`s up to 400 tons without stability problems.
The innovative CAN ™ (Conductor Anchor Node) from NeoDrill eliminates the "weak link" in current well design by providing a stable and reliable foundation, which mitigates the risk of conductor bending and fatique - even with today's heavier BOP stacks.
Halvorsen is NeoDrill`s selected partner for fabrication of the CAN.
How it works:
When the CAN touces the seabed on the exact location, it penetrates the seabed 5-6 metres before friction stops further progress. At this time, the ROV is docked and starts pumping out the captured water do draw down the internal pressure. Which pushes the CAN further into the seabed.
After the CAN is in place, the conductor, which is typically 30 inches in diameter can be installed.
As a stable foundation, the CAN offers unequalled drillstring and conductor guidance, enabling safer and more efficient conductor installation at all water depths and seabed conditions.
Benefits and advantages:
The CAN concept enables pre-rig well construction, and significant rig time savings. It is designed for exploration and production well requirements.
- Prevents leakages between well and formation
- Provides sufficient axial and lateral load capacity
- Ensures required bending capacity and fatigue strength
Each CAN is Tailor made to suit the location seabed soil. Customized for both exploration and single production wells, and is pre-installed prior to rig arrival. It supports all conductors – driven, jetted, drilled and cemented.
Compared to conventional design a CAN application results in the following benefits:
- Significantly increased capacities:
- Axial load
- Lateral load
- Fatigue life
- Cement to seabed guaranteed:
- Cementing quality highly improved
- Possibility to hang off conductor in CAN:
- Undisturbed cement setting
- Rig time saving
- Enables safe well construction in very-soft to soft seabed conditions
- Provides Hydrate shield for BOP and wellhead
- Enables pre-Rig installation of conductor with CAN installation vessel
- Follows ALARP principle
- Overall cost saving
- Diameter: 6 mtr
- Height / length 12 mtr
- Weight: 85 tons
- Diameter: 10 mtr
- Height / length 18 mtr
- Weight: 180 tons
Sales Director, Halvorsen Offshore AS
+47 468 00 074