Cleaning up oil spills at sea present a significant challenge, as the crude oil is heavy, viscous and difficult to pump from ships to onshore facilities.
If an oil spill occurs, supply vessels are equipped to gather and pump up the oil. On board, the oil-water solution will quickly harden into large clumps making unloading difficult.
The ORO Steam System from Halvorsen solves this by injecting steam into oil emulsion collected in the supply vessels tanks.
The injected steam increases the temperature of the oil emulsion, which in turn reduces the thickness and makes it easier to pump and handle. The use of steam also eliminates the need for an agitator to keep the oil emulsion circulating.
The ORO Steam System comes with a tailor made nozzle. Each nozzle piece is able to heat 800 m3 of oil emulsion within the timeframe of 12 hours set by NOFO. It is enough with one steam nozzle for each ORO tank.
Features and possibilities:
- PC/Mobile remote monitoring
- Comes with a special made nozzle, which must be fitted outside of the tank.
- Developed in cooperation with the Norwegian Clean Seas Association for Operating Companies (NOFO).
- Can be mounted in a mobile container approved for offshore transportation.
- The steam unit produces steam in a short time after startup.
- Approved for use in explosive zones, in accordance with Norsok Z 015.
- Vessels with ORO-class systems onboard get higher day rates.
This is a flexible system, which can be utilized both onshore and offshore.
Duplex or karbon Steel
L=3300 W=1360 H=1600
2500Kg/h, or by customer request
Standards and certifications
NOFO, DNV and ABS
Møkster Shipping, Vega, Siem, Eidesvik, Varada
Sales Director, Halvorsen Offshore AS
+47 468 00 074